Killin Railway

From TrainSpottingWorld, for Rail fans everywhere
Jump to: navigation, search
Killin Railway
Principal stations (from east to west)
Loch Tay
Killin
Killin Junction

The Killin Railway opened to traffic on 13 March 1886 linking the Callander and Oban Railway to Killin.

Passenger services between Killin and Loch Tay were withdrawn as the outbreak of the Second World War on 11 September 1939, and were not re-instated after the war. As the engine shed was located at Loch Tay, the line remained in use.

In common with the eastern section of the Callander and Oban Railway, the line was scheduled for closure on 1 November 1965, although closure came early following the landslip on Glen Ogle on 27 September 1965, with buses providing the service during the remaining six weeks.[1][2]

References

  1. British Railways Past and Present No 31 - North West Scotland (ISBN 1-85895-090-2) page 40
  2. Forgotten Railways of Scotland; John Thomas (ISBN 0-7153-8193-8) pp 127 to 131


Personal tools
<
September 2017
>
MTWTFSS
123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930
Events Upcoming
More »