Kilbarchan Loop Line

From TrainSpottingWorld, for Rail fans everywhere
Jump to: navigation, search
Kilbarchan Loop Line
Stations from north east to south west
Stations in bold are still open.
Elderslie
Johnstone North
Kilbarchan
Castle Semple never opened
Lochwinnoch
Kilbirnie
Dalry

The Kilbarchan Loop Line was a branch of the Glasgow and South Western Railway in Renfrewshire and Ayrshire, Scotland. It ran from Cart Junction (Elderslie) to Brownhill Junction (Dalry), connecting the stations in Elderslie and Dalry. This provided additional line capacity for Ayshire Coast and Kilmarnock services.

The line opened on 1 June 1905, and closed to regular passenger traffic on 27 June 1966 and freight traffic on 3 February 1971, with the line between Kilbirnie and Brownhill Junction remaining open until 1977 to serve Glengarnock Steel Works. The majority of the trackbed is now part of the National Cycle Network.


Personal tools
<
September 2017
>
MTWTFSS
123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930
Events Upcoming
More »