Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway

From TrainSpottingWorld, for Rail fans everywhere
Jump to: navigation, search
Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway
Stations (from east to west)
Comrie
St Fillans
Lochearnhead
Balquhidder

The Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway company was formed to fill the gap between the railways that had arrived in Crieff area from the south and east, and the Callander and Oban Railway where it came out of Strathyre and entered Glen Ogle at Lochearnhead. The C&O station originally called Lochearnhead was two miles south of the village of that name, and shortly before Lochearnhead station was opened, the C&O station became 'Balquhidder'.

The line to St Fillans was opened on 1 October 1901, with the line being completed to the renamed Balquhidder station on 1 May 1905.

Following the take-over by the Caledonian Railway on 1 August 1902 the line was completed to the renamed Balquhidder station on 1 May 1905.

The line was closed on 1 October 1951.

References

  • Awdry, Christopher, (1990). Encyclopaedia of British Railway Companies. London: Guild Publishing.


Links


Personal tools
<
September 2017
>
MTWTFSS
123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930
Events Upcoming
More »