The News Archive holds all the stories that have appeared as "Current News" on the main page.
8 January 2008
Class 37 37515, the DRS locomotive that collided with a lorry on Saturday, is to be scrapped, TrainSpottingWorld has learned.
More details will follow as they reach our news desk.
4 January 2008
A train driver has been injured after his locomotive struck a lorry on the Whitemoss level crossing between Gleneagles and Perth. The engine was travelling from Grangemouth to Inverness when the accident happened at about 0645 GMT.
The engine driver had to be cut free, but his injuries are not life threatening. The lorry driver and his teenage son escaped injury.
The line between Dunblane and Perth reopened at 1624 GMT
1 January 2008
- Rail engineering work which was already over-running has been extended by another day and will now affect some trains on New Year's Day. Network Rail said it was "extremely sorry" the West Coast Mainline had to be shut at Rugby, Warwickshire.
The work will now affect Virgin Trains to and from the West Midlands, Scotland, north Wales and north-west England until 0530 GMT on 2 January.
Some London Midland and First ScotRail services will also be affected.
13 June 2007
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with RC2 (Learning Curve), has issued a product safety recall notice for a number of models and accessories in their Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway range, manufactured between January 2005 and June 2007.
(See Product recall notice for details.)
15 March 2007
- Sacramento trestle bridge fire rail/road trestle destroyed in Sacramento, CA
10/11 March 2007
- Oneida derailment & fire hazardous cargo derailed in Oneida, USA
7 March 2007
- Marton bridge crash - trucks explode under rail bridge near martin, New Zealand
26 February 2007
- India sets rail budget for 2007-2008 - highlights of today's budget speech in Delhi
- Grayrigg RAIB preliminary report - published only three days after the crash, and with pictures of the crash site