Crieff Junction Railway

From TrainSpottingWorld, for Rail fans everywhere
Jump to: navigation, search
Crieff Junction Railway
Stations (from south to north)
Stations in bold are still open
Gleneagles
Crieff Junction
Tullibardine
Muthill
Highlandman
Pitenzie Halt
Crieff

The Crieff Junction Railway was constituted to link Crieff to the then Scottish Central Railway (SCR), later part of the Caledonian Railway at Gleneagles.

The line opened on 13 March 1856 and was absorbed by the SCR on 29 June 1865.

The line was closed on 6 July 1964 on the same day as the Comrie to Crieff section of the Comrie, St Fillans & Lochearnhead Railway.

Reference

  • Awdry, Christopher, (1990). Encyclopaedia of British Railway Companies. London: Guild Publishing.
Personal tools
<
September 2017
>
MTWTFSS
123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930
Events Upcoming
More »