From TrainSpottingWorld, for Rail fans everywhere
- 1932 – The last steam-powered Southern Belle passenger train operates on the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway; the train's equipment will be replaced with electric multiple unit cars the next day.
- 1965 – The last day of operation for the Bergen Tramway in Bergen, Norway before the tramway is permanently closed.
- 1968 – Penn Central's purchase of the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad is completed.
- 1978 – The Rock Island Railroad operates its last passenger trains, the Peorian and a Chicago to Rock Island train.
- 1981 – The Colorado and Southern Railway, Denver and New Orleans Railroad and Fort Worth and Denver Railway are merged into Burlington Northern Railroad.
- 1990 – Minsk Metro's Avtozavodskaya Line opens between Traktornyi Zavod and Frunzenskaya.
- 1994 – Burlington Northern Railroad operates the last freight train on the former Oregon Electric Railway mainline in Portland, Oregon; the mainline is to become part of the new Tri-Met light rail system.
- 1998 – GE delivers the first AC6000CW diesel-electric locomotive.
- Aspenberg, Nils Carl (1995). På meterspor i Nidaros. Oslo: Baneforlaget, 6.