Steamtrain Hoorn Medemblik
The original connection was run by Locaalspoorwegmaatschappij Hollands Noorderkwartier (1884 - 1935). The line was opened on November 3, 1887. The connection follows a curving path, to reduce the amount of land that had to be confiscated. The train used steam traction, with diesel traction being introduced in 1929.
|Distance (km)||Station name|
Station with names in italics have been restored.
Nowadays the railways is in use as a tourist attraction. The masterpiece in the collection is the former Nederlandse Spoorwegen locomotive 7742 Bello, the Netherlands' only preserved light steam engine. Other steamlocomotives in running order include three tramway engines, two of which are enclosed tram engines (steam dummies). Six steam tram carriages are in regular service, as well as several steam tram goods wagons.
The costumes and presentation of the cars is done like they were in 1926.