From TrainSpottingWorld, for Rail fans everywhere
- January 22 – 16 inches of snow fall over Michigan, and snow continues falling for about a week, producing 14-foot high drifts that shut down much of the railroad operations in the state; the Pere Marquette Railway car ferries remain docked in port at Ludington throughout the storm.
- February 28 – The Temple Street Cable Railway in Los Angeles, California, is sold under foreclosure.
- May 11 – The Lynton and Barnstaple Railway opens.
- May 16 – Public service on the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway begins.
- Railroad History Timeline - 1890's. RRHX: Michigan's Internet Railroad History Museum. Retrieved on 2008-01-21.
- The Street Railway History of Los Angeles. Electric Railway Historical Association of Southern California. Retrieved on 2008-02-26.
- This Month in Railroad History: December. Rivanna Chapter, National Railroad Historical Society (2006). Retrieved on 2007-12-19.