From TrainSpottingWorld, for Rail fans everywhere
- January 17 – As part of an effort to convert the Manhattan Beach line from passenger to freight service, the Bay Ridge line and New York Connecting Railroad open a new connection over Hell Gate Bridge.
- February 9 – The organization of the United States Railroad Administration is announced in Washington, D.C., naming William G. McAdoo as Director General.
- The Minneapolis, Northfield and Southern Railway is incorporated.
- The New York and Manhattan Beach Railway. Long Island Rail Road History Website (unofficial). Retrieved on 2008-01-17.
- Records of the United States Railroad Administration. United States National Archives (1995). Retrieved on 2008-02-07.