Midland Railway 3835 Class
The Midland Railway 3835 Class is a class of 0-6-0 steam locomotive designed for freight work. The first two were introduced in 1911 by Henry Fowler. After the grouping in 1923 they were continued to be built up to 1941 by the LMS, as the LMS Fowler 4F.
The 192 engines were numbered 3835-4026. After nationalisation in 1948 BR added 40000 to their numbers so they became 43835-4026.
One, (4)3924, has been preserved, along with three LMS-built 4Fs.