The Giessbachbahn (GbB) is a historic funicular at Giessbach in the Swiss Canton of Berne. It links a landing stage on Lake Brienz, served by shipping services on the lake, to the Grand Hotel Geissbach and waterfall above. The funicular is owned by the hotel, but since 1983 has been operated by a preservation foundation.
The funicular, opened in 1879, was the first Swiss funicular to be built specifically for the transport of tourists, and is the oldest funicular still operating in Europe. It has a length of 345 metres and overcomes a vertical distance of 104 metres with a maximum gradient of 32%. There are two wooden cars dating from 1879, operating on a single track of metre gauge track with a central passing loop and a Riggenbach rack rail for braking purposes. Originally operated by water ballast, the funicular is now electrically operated and a single journey takes 2 minutes. 
- Richard Green (2007). Railways in the Berner Oberland - Part 3. Today's Railways Europe: Issue 134: February 2007. Platform 5 Publishing Ltd.