China Railway High-speed
China Railway High-speed (Simplified Chinese: 中国铁路高速, Traditional Chinese: 中國鐵路高速, Pinyin: Zhongguo Tielu Gaosu) or CRH is the designation for the High speed rail trains running in China. CRH1/2/5 are expected to have a maximum speed over 200 km/h. CRH3 and the next generation of CRH2 will have a maximum speed over 300 km/h. CRH is a major part of the sixth national railway speedup which is to be implemented on April 18, 2007. It is noticed that not all the High speed rail in China are named after CRH.
List of CRH trains
- CRH1 based on Bombardier's Regina C2008.
- CRH2 based on Kawasaki Heavy Industries E2 Series Shinkansen
- CRH3 based on Siemens 's ICE 3
- CRH5 based on Alstom's Pendolino
- Shanghai-Beijing route to test bullet train. China Daily. January 16, 2007.