List of steam rallies
Variously called a Steam Rally, Steam Fair, Steam Festival or Traction Engine Rally, these events celebrate the survival of road vehicles powered by steam. Worldwide, many events are put on by enthusiasts to allow them to exhibit their machines.
As many rail enthusiasts have an affection for all things steam-powered, this list is provided as an accompaniment to the main thrust of the wiki.
Please feel free to add to this list as appropriate...
- Thirlmere Festival of Steam 1st Sunday in March annually at Thirlmere NSW Australia. Steam trains, steam cars and engines etc
- Dial Post Traction Engine Rally organised by the Sussex Steam Engine Club
2008 was the first occurrence of this event. In 2009 it is back with even more to see.
at the West Sussex Showground, RH13 8NR (On the A24), 4th - 5th July 2009
- The Great Dorset Steam Fair -- arguably the world's largest gathering of steam power.
A 5-day event, ending on the weekend after August Bank Holiday.
Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2008.
- Torbay Steam Fair -- A 3-day event held on the first weekend in August. 1-3 August 2008.
- Annual Steam Tractor Parade - Cumming, Georgia, 4th July.
Not yet known...
Please move to appropriate month when known...
- Annual Steam Show in America North American Model Engineering Society (NAMES)
- Annual Steam-Up in America New England Wireless and Steam Museum
- Missouri River Valley Steam Engine Association Back to the Farm Reunion in central Missouri, USA.
- Buckley Old Engine Show Northwest Michigan Engine & Thresher Club. Annual show (39 years) showing steam engines and equipment, antique gas and oil engines, antique agricultural equipment, mills, blacksmithing, and foundries. Show includes steam building seminars.
- Old Threshers' Reunion - 5-day annual show (around Labor Day) at Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, US. Steam engines of all kinds.
- [http://www.nowthenthreshing.com/ Annual Steam traction engine old tractor, antique power show in Nowthen Minnesota 8 miles (13 km) north of Anoka city
- Tri-state Gas Engine and Tractor Association Inc Portland, Indiana, U.S. – organisers of "the world's largest antique engine and tractor show" (their claim) (NB: mainly internal combustion engines)
- Torbay Steam Fair. Retrieved on 2007-11-13. “Following the deletion of the Torbay Rally from the Devon Traction Engine Club’s Calendar, a number of local enthusiasts from Brixham who were not prepared to allow the English Riviera to be deprived of its Annual Steam Rally formed the Group, and through sheer hard work, one members expert knowledge of the Rally scene and sponsorship, held their first Rally on the traditional dates of the 1st weekend in August, in 1987.”
- List of Steam Rallies in the UK (fairly comprehensive, but not complete)