Lake View and Collamer Railroad
The railroad extended from near the intersection of Becker Avenue and Superior Street in Cleveland to Euclid Village, a distance of 6.86 miles. About 2.5 miles of the Lake View & Collamer Railroad was inside the city of Cleveland where it ran parallel to and a short distance north of Superior Street. The remainder of the railroad ran north-east to Euclid, parallel to Euclid Avenue.
In August 1879 the Lake View & Collamer Railroad was sold at foreclosure sale and then operated as the Cleveland, Painesville and Ashtabula Railroad. The part of Lake View & Collamer Railroad that was parallel to Euclid Avenue eventually became part of the main line of the New York, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad.
- Rehor, John A. (1994). The Nickel Plate story. Kalmbach Publishing Co., Waukesha, WI. ISBN 0-89024-012-4.