From TrainSpottingWorld, for Rail fans everywhere
- January 26 – The Jamestown, Franklin and Clearfield Railroad, a predecessor of the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railroad, is formed in Michigan through the merger of the Franklin and Clearfield Railroad, Jamestown and Franklin Railroad, Central Trunk Railway and Jackson Coal Railroad.
- March 13 – William Jackson Palmer, builder of the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad, dies (b. 1836).
- A. C. Gilbert Company is founded in Westville, Connecticut.
- Tasmanian Government Railways extends the Derwent Valley Line, predecessor of the Derwent Valley Railway, along the Tyenna River another 49 kilometers to what is now Westerway.
- (1913) “History of the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railway Company”, Annual Report. New York Central Railroad System. Retrieved on 2008-01-26.