Columbus Southern Railway
Originally chartered in 1885 as the Columbus and Florida Railway, the Columbus Southern Railway name came into use in 1886 when the C&F's charter was amended. The railroad operated an 88 mile line from Columbus, GA to Albany, GA starting in 1890. Soon after opening, the line was leased to the Georgia Midland and Gulf Railroad but the lease was cancelled after about a year. The railroad then operated independently until running into financial problems in 1895. It was sold to the Georgia and Alabama Railroad in 1896.